Register with Grants.gov
NOTE: Applicants are now required to change their passwords every 90 days. See www.grants.gov for more details.
It is your responsibility to create and maintain a registration with Grants.gov. Registration is a one-time process, which can take a day or more to complete. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE DAY OF THE APPLICATION DEADLINE TO REGISTER to allow time to resolve any issues that may arise. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in your inability to submit your application.
To register, click: Individual Registration. You will be asked to provide the Funding Opportunity Number of the grant. Enter 2013NEA03LFCW. If you have problems with registration contact Grants.gov at 1-800-518-4726, e-mail email@example.com, or consult the information posted on the Grants.gov website at Help. The Grants.gov Contact Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Maintain documentation (with dates) of your efforts to register before the deadline.
You do not need to complete the registration process to download the application package and begin to prepare your material (see below). However, you will need your Grants.gov Username and Password that you obtain during the registration process to submit your application.
Download the Application Package
- Verify your softwareYou must have a version of Adobe Reader that is supported by Grants.gov installed on your computer before you download your application package from Grants.gov. Non-compatible versions of Adobe Reader or other Adobe products will lead to errors and prevent you from submitting your application. If more than one computer will be involved in the preparation of the application package, ensure that the same version of Adobe Reader is used.Please go to "Download Software" to see the compatible versions of Adobe Readeror to download and install Adobe Reader. You may test your version of Adobe Reader using Grants.gov Adobe Versioning Test Application Package.
- Access the application package on Grants.gov by clicking on the link below:
DOWNLOAD[Funding Opportunity Number 2013NEA03LFCW]
This will bring you to the "Selected Grant Applications for Download" screen.
Download the application package and follow the instructions below. It is not necessary to download the instructions from Grants.gov as you will only be directed back to the instructions on this webpage.
If you have a compatible version of Adobe Reader and are still experiencing difficulty downloading the application package, try using a different Internet browser.
- When you download the application package, the Grants.gov "Grant Application Package" screen will open. Click on the "Save" button at the top of the form and save the application package to a location on your computer or network where you can find it readily. Save your application each time you work on it. You will get the message "The file already exists. Replace existing file?" Click "Yes" to ensure that you always save the most recent version.
- On the first page of the Grants.gov application package, you will see a field for "Application Filing Name." Enter your legal name here.
- In the "Mandatory Documents" box, you will see two forms. You must move these forms to the "Mandatory Documents for Submission" box before you can open them. Once moved, the two forms merge into a single document. You can access each form by clicking on it to highlight it and then clicking on the "Open Form" box OR you can scroll down your screen and you will come to each form in succession.
The forms are:
Submit Your Electronic Application
- Check the size of your electronic application. The total size should not exceed 10 MB.
- To begin the submission process, click the Save & Submit button. [This button will not become active (and turn from light to dark gray) until you have saved your application with all required fields completed. Clicking this button will prompt you to save your application package one last time. When asked if you want to replace the existing file, click “Yes.” You will then be reconnected to Grants.gov and the Internet.] You will be prompted to provide your Grants.gov Username and Password that you obtained during registration.
- Click the "Login" button. This will bring you to the "Application Submission Verification and Signature" screen, which provides a summary of the Funding Opportunity for which you are applying. Click the "Sign and Submit Application" button to complete the process. Be certain that you are satisfied with your application before you click this button. No revisions to your application are possible through Grants.gov once it is submitted.If you have difficulty submitting, go to Adobe Reader Error Messages or Applicant Resources for several tools and documents to help you.
- Ensure that your application was validated and accepted by the Grants.gov system. Go to Track My Application to track the validation and progress of your application submission through Grants.gov. After the Arts Endowment retrieves your application from Grants.gov, log in to the Grants.gov system by using your Username and Password to receive your Agency Tracking Number (this will be the Arts Endowment-assigned application number).
For additional help on how to use Grants.gov, please see the Grants.gov website at Help. You also can send e-mail to the Grants.gov Contact Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call them at 1-800-518-4726 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For specific help on how to complete your application, please review the instructions in these guidelines. For help on all other issues, click here.